E-biking and mountain biking
Wonderfully clear, healthy air flows into your lungs, and a new, unforgettable view of the stunning mountain landscape awaits you around every bend. The well-signed, 453-kilometre-long network of bike trails offers a fantastic variety of mountain bike and e-bike tours for all levels.
So much to discover
Das Graseck is the ideal base for passionate mountain bikers. Countless routes start right outside the hotel. We’ll be happy to tell you which tours are suitable for you and provide you with the appropriate maps – or you can head out accompanied by one of our expert local guides.
PS: Bikes are available to hire when you arrive.
Tours for everyone
Towards Lake Barmsee
Tours for experienced bikers
- Refreshments: Bockhütte
Bockhütte (1,052m) Hochalm (1,705m)
- Refreshments: Hochalm and Seehaus Riessersee
- Very experienced mountain bikers can continue on the gravel path to AlpspiX (2,050m).
- Refreshments: Schachenhaus or Wettersteinalm
- Insider tips:
- King’s House on Schachen (King Ludwig II of Bavaria)
- Alpine Garden on Schachen
- Viewpoint (popular photo spot)
- Refreshments: Hochthörle-Hütte
- Insider tip:
- Stop at Häselgehr waterfall on the way
- Advantage of going clockwise: The route quickly descends to Ehrwald on a tarmacked forest road and then continues comfortably downriver to Garmisch.
- Advantage of going anti-clockwise: Take the train (with your bike) to Ehrwald and then on the way back spend some time at Lake Eibsee and at the Eibsee Pavilion restaurant.
Zugspitze round tour (1,600m)
- The route quickly descends to Ehrwald on a partially tarmacked forest road and then continues comfortably downriver to Garmisch.
- Refreshments: Tirolerhaus
- Häselgehr waterfall
- Take the train to Ehrwald (with your bike) and/or the Ehrwald Alm cable car (with your bike)
- Refreshments: Gaistalalm or Tillfussalm
Wank round tour (1,300m)
- Steep ascent
- Refreshments: Finzalm
- The route quickly descends to Garmisch on a partially tarmacked forest road.
- Refreshments: Almgasthof Esterberg
Lake Plansee (975m) – Ettal Monastery
- Refreshments: Forelle lake terrace and Gröbl Alm or Ammergauer Alpen show dairy or take a detour to Oberammergau to the Paradiso-Giordano ice-cream parlour (bike map)
- Other attractions:
- Linderhof Castle
- Ettal Benedictine abbey
- Clockwise: Take the Ettal state road to Oberau or alternatively the old Ettaler-Straße road (auxiliary road for bicycles)
- Anti-clockwise: Take the old Ettaler-Straße road instead of the state road.
Did you know …
… that Garmisch-Partenkirchen is one of three model municipalities selected to take part in a research project regarding “electromobility”? That means you have exceptional environmentally friendly mobility options available to you.
Conquer the surroundings by e-bike
E-bikes are wonderful for covering long distances with little exertion. If you enjoy being active out in the fresh air and exploring the surrounding countryside without breaking a sweat, an e-bike is ideal for you.